Jason Vana, of Shft Marketing, discusses LinkedIn Marketing tips, content marketing, brand identity, lead generation and transparency. This podcast is all about how to generate leads the correct way: the way that builds trust and loyal clients.
LinkedIn and Content Marketing Tips
- Content is a branding exercise.
- Use LinkedIn to generate leads.
- Pick ONE main topic to focus on
- What are you passionate about?
- What does your target market really want?
- What’s gonna make you money? (if that’s a goal)
- What do you wanna be known for?
- Be Unique. Be you. Don’t copy others.
- Don’t be a knockoff brand.
- Branding is Identity
- Marketing is promoting that identity.
- Help them with no expectation of making money. Be the solution.
Gated Content and Leads
- Give it ALL away for free - they will trust you.
- Gain trust. Don’t gate your content by asking for email addresses.
- Too many companies require an email address for everything and then immediately spam their “leads.”
- Don’t do this. The best way you can gain trust with your leads and clients is to serve them.
- Give content away for free.
- I will tell you how to do it for free. I’ll charge you to do it for you.
- Help is free.
- It’s still selling, it just does sound or feel like it.
- Be a resource.
- Email Newsletter Checklist (Shft Marketing Guide)
- Before launching your newsletter, but a CTA (call to action) at the bottom of all of your posts telling people that you are launching a newsletter. Get people to start signing up.
- FIRST comment on all LinkedIn posts: “Did you like this post? Sign up for our free newsletter at this link…”
- The newsletter should be the product. People should sign up because they actually WANT to get your emails.
Connect with Jason Vana
Shft Marketing: shft.marketing
Email Newsletter: shft.marketing/insider/
FREE Guides (no email required): shft.marketing/guides/
Listen & Subscribe
We’d love to hear from you!
Have some feedback about the show? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com You can also rate us in Apple Podcasts or your favorite app to help more people discover the show!