“Put your customers first. Set your personal preferences aside for the branding and marketing process.”
Difference Between Good Brands & Bad Brands
- How much thought and effort you put into it
What makes a good brand?
- Good brands know who they serve and how to serve them
- Brand Values
- i.e. Honesty, Integrity, How you conduct business
- Mission / Vision
- Why are you in business?
- How do you hope to serve your customers?
- Brand Characteristics: Personality of your brand
- i.e. Bold, Friendly, Laid Back
- Whatever you are doing, whether that be writing an email or answering the phone, be these things.
- Think about how the person you are serving will feel
Tips for Putting Yourself In Customer’s Shoes
- Get as many details as possible about the customer you are serving
- What do they do on the weekends?
- How many kids do they have?
- Where do they live?
- Figure out how to to serve them in ways your competitors aren’t
- Ask for continuous feedback
- Get laser focused - Define your ideal customer
- Design your brand, values, characteristics, marketing materials, etc. with your ideal customer in mind
- Do your research
- Pick colors to evoke certain emotions
- Make different versions of the product, take it back to them, and ask for feedback
- When asking for general feedback, ask your target market, not the general public
- Manage expectations
How to Create a Trusting Relationship with Clients
- Collaborative process with client
- Projected Timelines
- Welcome & Entertain Questions
- Touchpoints - Let clients see the progress
- Effective & Regular Communication
Connect with Katie Dooley
Learn More About Paperline Creative
Listen & Subscribe
We’d love to hear from you!
Have some feedback about the show? Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com You can also rate us in Apple Podcasts or your favorite app to help more people discover the show!